This Blog is dedicated to Ethan's story. However, I also have a blog called Beautiful Moments which gives more details about the adoption and our whole family. You can find it at mistyandtyler.blogspot.com


Lilypie Date is set PicLilypie Date is set Ticker

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Starting Out

In November of 2005, Tyler and I (Misty) began to think about adoption. We had two children at the time and knew we wanted more. God gave us a desire to adopt the next child and I began to research international adoption for the next year. On November 1, 2006 Evan had recently turned 1 (the required age for our youngest child before we could begin the process) and we applied to adopt from Vietnam through Children's Hope International (CHI).

We had originally said that we wanted a child "as young as possible". We then changed our minds and said up to 12 months old, then 18 months, and eventually 2 years. We knew we would get a boy because we were open to "either" and there are more boys available in Vietnam.

Why Vietnam? I don't know. At first it was because we couldn't adopt from the other countries we were looking at because of some of the rules they had. To us, Vietnam seemed to be the best fit. But in the end, I believe it was God leading us to our son. Now, even though I have never been there I am in love with Vietnam. It is a beautiful land and I look forward to the enrichment it's culture will bring into our home and lives.

Application For CHI



No comments: