This Blog is dedicated to Ethan's story. However, I also have a blog called Beautiful Moments which gives more details about the adoption and our whole family. You can find it at mistyandtyler.blogspot.com


Lilypie Date is set PicLilypie Date is set Ticker

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Ethan ??? Larson

Well I think Tyler and I are finally in agreement on a name for Ethan. Tyler's one requirement for names was that his first son's middle name be Tyler, and his second son's middle name be Scott (Tyler's middle name). I really wanted to leave part of Ethan's Vietnamese name. I was voting for his given name of "Loc" (the "o" is pernounced the same as in "loud"). SO...we have debated this for a while. We have finally come to an agreement. We'll just use both. :) Now, I'm not sure if I like the sound of "Loc Scott" since it doesn't exactly flow together. However, he will now have the family name Tyler wanted and the heritage behind his Vietnamese name as well. Not to mention the fact the Loc means blessing. This little boy has endured many things and I'm sure it is only by the grace of God. Loc has been richly blessed by God, and we have been blessed to find him! We can't wait to hold our Ethan Loc Scott Larson for the first time! :)

3 comments:

Tasha Kent said...

I think Loc Scott flows great. Could be a fantastic nickname. My last name is Scott so I always got teased (in an affectionate way) with Hot Scott, Great Scott. Loc Scott is just so unique that it's a fun thing to say.

Chip and Sara said...

Hi Ty and Misty!
I really like the two names. What a cool way to blend his two heritages!

Anonymous said...

Hi Misty,
I like the name Ethan Loc Scott. It has a nice 'roll' to it. Let's get him home soon.
Love ya,
Dad Larson